Dr. Myers explains how Gastric Bypass Works

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

An Unusual Way to Keep Weight off after Bariatric Surgery



Last week I saw Peggy Lauritzen, one of my patients, in the office and she told me of the unusual way she reminds herself to eat slowly. She carries chopsticks in her purse and uses them for all of her meals!

Think it is crazy? She has kept her weight off and is doing very well several years after her gastric bypass. It may be a little quirky but it works for her.

Once a friend of hers said "I would lose weight too if I used chop sticks." Peggy said, "so what's your point.

How do slow down your eating? Do you have a quirky way to remind yourself to slow down and chew slowly. Leave a comment and I will share it with the other 750 people that follow this blog each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment