Dr. Myers explains how Gastric Bypass Works

Friday, September 10, 2010

Today I was thinking...

Among the 30 plus patients I saw in the office today was a wonderful couple who are supporting each other in their journey for better health through weight loss surgery. I operated on both the husband and wife last September (2009) just 2 weeks apart and are about 5 months out from surgery. They have already lost between 60 and 90 lbs each since surgery and much more since they began the Fresh Start Bariatrics program. They are both doing very well and are delighted with their progress. I am so impressed at how they encourage each other and look out for each other. They are both great examples and are taking advantage of all the program has to offer. It is so important to have a good support person as you go through this jouney. Their faith is important to them and is evident in how they treat each other and others here in the office. I told them I am excited to see where they are in their transformation next September one year after surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment