Dr. Myers explains how Gastric Bypass Works

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Early Results from Robotic Gastric Bypass Operation


“It’s amazing”, Robyn Blake told me in the office today. She is just one week from her robotically assisted laparoscopic Roux en-Y gastric bypass and she is thrilled with her results. ‘I only took one pain pill a day for the first 2 days after I was discharged from the hospital.”

“The results are not subtle,” Mike Palasek, CRNFA who assisted with each of these operations told me today. “The patients who had their operation robotically are having much less pain.”

We have now completed our first four robotically assisted gastric bypass operations. Both are doing very well. Two of these patients went home the day after their operation instead of two days later. The patients appear much more comfortable the day after the operation.

Overall I am very impressed with these very early results. There are only 4 incisions and these are smaller and healing well without a drain or staples.

I agree with Robyn, the results are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment